The Central Bank of Libya, in cooperation with the Economic Sciences Research Center, is organizing a conference on (the Libyan banking system…towards a future vision for development) with international participation, during the days of August 12-13, 2023, in the conference hall in Benghazi.
- Emphasis on the role of the Central Bank of Libya in following up the local, regional and international economic affairs.
- Statement of the role of the Libyan banking system in economic activity.
- Diagnosing the reality of the banking system in Libya.
- Statement of the role of non-banking financial institutions supporting the Libyan banking system.
- Draw a future vision for the development of the Libyan banking system.
- The first axis: the banking system and economic activity:
- The economic role of Libyan banks.
- The banking system’s relationship with economic activity.
- The relationship of the banking system to the money market.
- Experiences of global banking systems and lessons learned.
- The second axis: Banks and non-banking institutions operating in Libya:
- The reality of the banking system in Libya.
- Banking laws and legislation governing in Libya.
- The role of financial inclusion in achieving stability and economic growth in Libya.
- The role of non-banking institutions in supporting the Libyan banking system.
- The third axis: recent technical developments and the Libyan banking system:
- The role of various technical developments in developing the Libyan banking system.
- The role of digital transformation in developing the Islamic financial industry in Libya.
- Digitizing the services of the banking industry to enhance digital financial inclusion.
- Risks associated with electronic banking services and their implications.
- The fourth axis: the future vision towards development:
- The foundations and controls that govern the advanced banking business.
- Banking work programs during periods of development and adoption of new policies.
- Mechanisms for activating the money market in the national economy.
- Principles and controls for the development of Islamic financial products and services.
- Receiving abstracts on April 01, 2023
- The deadline for receiving the full research is June 15, 2023
- Receipt of the research after the modification attached to the presentation July 15, 2023 AD.