The agricultural and livestock sector in Libya faces many challenges, especially under conditions of lack of water resources, deterioration of vegetation cover, poor productivity of local breeds, and economic and political instability. The agricultural and animal sector, regardless of all the obstacles and challenges, and therefore this conference came to be a new episode in the series of conferences and seminars held by the University of Misurata for researchers and specialists to discuss many axes related to agricultural sciences in various fields and contribute to the transfer of the results of applied research related to benefit from everything that is New in scientific research to achieve sustainable development.
The aim of the conference:
The conference aims to demonstrate the importance of scientific research in the development of the agricultural sector and livestock and the contribution of scientific methods that serve this sector, and to discuss research to find solutions to the problems and difficulties facing the agricultural and livestock sector in Libya, and the possibility of applying the results of scientific research that can support planners and decision-makers for the advancement and achieve sustainable development.
Researchers and academics interested in agricultural development issues, representatives of bodies and institutions related to agriculture and animal production, agricultural unions, civil society and investors in the fields of agriculture and livestock.
- Scientific research presented by researchers with scientific and practical experience.
- Presentations and dialogues in a number of sessions to discuss research papers. accepted for presentation at the conference.
- Panel discussions stem from the main interventions of a number of experts, researchers and those interested in the agricultural sector.
- Display of posters related to the conference themes.
- Holding an exhibition on the sidelines of the conference, in which the private sector working in the agricultural field will display all that is new in terms of devices, equipment, supplies and various agricultural products.
Field of plant production:
- The first axis: field crops.
- The second axis: fruit crops.
- The third axis: vegetable crops.
- The fourth axis: flower and ornamental plants.
- The fifth axis: pests and plant diseases.
- The sixth axis: beekeeping.
- The seventh axis: forests and pastures.
- The eighth axis: Medicinal and aromatic plants.
Field of agricultural economics:
- The first axis: food security.
- The second axis: agricultural development.
- The third axis: the economics of agricultural production.
- The fourth axis: financing policies.
- The fifth axis: Marketing and price control.
- The sixth axis: agricultural extension and technology transfer.
- The seventh axis: agricultural education and the labor market.
Field of soil and water:
- The first axis: soil degradation and conservation.
- The second axis: Soil fertility management.
- The third axis: climate change and impacts on land and water.
- The fourth axis: inventory and classification of soil.
- The fifth axis: groundwater pollution.
- The Sixth Axis: Irrigation and its Technologies.
- The seventh axis: Soil and water and their role in plant production.
Field of animal production:
- The first axis: Poultry and ruminant feeding techniques and feed additives.
- The second axis: animal and bird physiology.
- The third axis: Breeding and molecular genetics in improving farm animals.
- The fourth axis: management and productivity of farm animals and their environment.
- The fifth axis: the technology and quality of animal products.
- The sixth axis: health and diseases of farm animals.
- The seventh axis: fish production and aquaculture.
Field of food industries:
- The first axis: manufacturing technology, nutritional analysis.
- The second axis: probiotic foods and biotechnology.
- The third axis: developing food products.
- The fourth axis: food quality and safety.
- The fifth axis: waste management in food factories.
- The sixth axis: the internal interaction between food and medicine.
- The seventh axis: microorganisms, food.