The Tripoli National University is considered a link in the chain of the system of universities of private education in Libya, which appeared and then spread in the last two decades in various Libyan countries. This university was established in the year 1999-2000 AD, (Programming, information systems, networks), then two more scientific departments were added, namely: the Department of Pharmacy, and the Department of Medical Technology. The university offers its students various and varied opportunities.
The general goals of the university:
- The university seeks to provide the highest levels of higher education in order to raise our students to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- (Tripoli National University) was established in 1999 by Resolution No. (33), issued by Higher Education and Scientific Research in Libya.
- The university obtained institutional accreditation in 2008, thus becoming the first private university to be audited by the National Center for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Educational Institutions.
- The university obtained programmatic accreditation for some of its departments in 2011 AD by the National Center for Quality Assurance and Quality Accreditation of Educational Institutions.
- The university seeks, with steady steps, to obtain programmatic accreditation for the remainder of its scientific departments by the National Center for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of the Quality of Educational Institutions.
- The university ranked twelfth locally among Libyan universities in 2013.
- The university ranked seventh locally in 2017.
- The university is the only private university that participates in the membership of the Supreme Council for Higher Education in Libya since 2015.