The Libyan University was established by a royal decree on December 15, 1955, AD, and its first nucleus was the Faculty of Arts and Education in Benghazi. In the year 1957 AD, the Faculty of Science was established, the first nucleus of the University of Tripoli. In the year 1966 AD, the College of Agriculture was established, and in 1961 AD the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) established the College of Higher Technical Studies, which was joined to the Libyan University in 1967 AD under the name of the College of Engineering. In the year 1973 AD, the Libyan University was separated into two universities, Benghazi and Tripoli. In 1976 AD, its name was changed to Al-Fateh University. The medical colleges were separated in 2009 AD under the name of Al-Fateh University for Medical Sciences, and they were re-joined in 2010 AD. In 2012, the university regained its original name. The successive establishment of colleges at the University of Tripoli; To reach at the present time to 20 colleges.
Share This Venue